July 28, 2010

Ice Breaker

What do you enjoy most about coming to book group?

Surprising to me is that the first thing that excites me about the last Tuesday is not that I will be away from my children.  But it turns out this is always the quintessential aspect of the night.  Book group is the most adult, most intellectual thing I do all month, and I always walk away with the taste of wine and chocolate on my tongue and a fire burning in my heart, shooting ideas to my brain.  Not only is the subject matter interesting but you women-- your deep lives all very different than mine, but we can see each other...

2 comments:

  1. So, I'm curious, Wendy, what is the first thing that excites you about book group?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Conversations with multisyllabic vocabulary. Craniostimulation. ;)

    ReplyDelete

What worked for you?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.